Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Saltshaker Aguascalientes Update (7/1/09)

Update from Sammy Sanders, Tuesday evening 6/30:

Hello everyone,

Last night, after soccer, we went home and took showers. After that, we went to a taco stand owned by a man named Ricardo. Ricardo made the most incredible tacos that have ever graced my taste buds. Me gusta mucho! I lost count of how many I ate but Bobby and I decided that it was about 15-20. That made Ricardo happy and I was able to talk with him a lot because of how much I ate. (From Bobby: Ricardo is one of the adults that the Ags team is discipling, along with his family). After the feast, it was time for bed.

This morning we woke up fairly early and had to eat breakfast and leave our house quickly so we could go and watch little Edwin Isaac's kindergarden graduation. It was scheduled to be outside, but it was raining a lot. The torrential downpour led to a delayed start. We had to move to another building that one of the parents owned that had a roof. Once it started, there were many different cultural dances in which the kids participated. It was my first Mexican kindergarden graduation ceremony.

We have been having movie themed days for our trip, where we quote things from the movie throughout the day. Today's was The 3 Amigos, which is my favorite movie. I enjoyed quoting things that most of our team had never even heard.

After the ceremony, we all came back to have lunch. The awesome ladies were able to stay and serve us. It was nice to show our gratitude.

After lunch, most of us went to the church in Villas to paint and make VBS crafts. Before dinner, some of us were throwing a frisbee in a field, and some local kids saw us and wanted to play. We obliged. After a while, we invited them to VBS. Then we went to dinner at Jaime and Lupita's resturaunt. We sat in the resturaunt and talked for a long time.

Then we went home and now it is time for bed.

God has been showing me that I could be doing more for Him, that when I go home and get back into my comfort zone, that I can still be used for Him. I also feel like I am connecting well with the local people and the missionaries (Which is nice).

-Samuelito

5 comments:

  1. Good update! hope you all are staying cool???? do you ever wonder if anyone reads this?
    clark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew from the first mention of a taco stand that Sammy was writing this one. Nice verbage!

    You guys sound like you are having such a great time. Keep up the good work!

    -David

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen The Three Amigos! Sammy, you've inspired me to watch it--maybe tonight! :) Please give Betty Smuck a hug from me....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Sammy. Make sure you try the "volcano" taco at Ricardo's. And please tell Edwin congratulations for me!

    Blessings,
    Dave Williams

    ReplyDelete